Friday, February 10, 2012

Choosing What's Best For My Family

I have decided (after discussing it with Rex), that I am going to quit my job at Office Depot. Though I value the company, and the people I work with, my income is just not making a big enough difference in our financial situation. Most of my disposable income is going towards childcare, and isn't really helping us get ahead. I have thoroughly enjoyed working there for two years, and have learned much in the time I have been there. I have learned the most in my year and a half working in the Design and Print Service Center. I have become better acquainted with several programs I had only had a passing glance at in the past. I have familiarized myself with Microsoft Publisher and Adobe Photoshop. I have also become more proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. I am more comfortable creating documents for clients, and making their designs stand out to their customers. I will miss working there, and hope to find a position with another company that will allow me to stay home with Kay and still help supplement Rex's income. Prayers and positive thoughts are needed, because this was a decision I never thought I would make. I know it will be hard at first (and until I find a job that allows me the flexibility of caring for Kay properly), but I also know that after careful consideration, discussion, and prayer, it is the best decision for my family.

No comments: