Friday, February 29, 2008

Tonight............

It will be the first Friday in months, that I haven't gone to Fuel. Ever since I was given the position of PR Liaison, I haven't missed a week! (That's been about three months now.) Even before that, I would go after work to fellowship with other Journey members. I wasn't always able to hear the message, but I wanted to spend time with the people who shared my love for God. So, tonight my husband and I have the "night off", and we decided we wanted to spend some alone time together. I'm looking forward to spending time with my husband, but somehow I still feel like something is missing. I feel like a part of me isn't being fulfilled, because I won't be at Fuel. I know it doesn't change my relationship with God, and it doesn't make Him think any less of me, but I feel lost! I feel the same way when I miss church on Sunday. I feel a small sense of emptiness, because even though my thoughts are with God, I'm not getting the fellowship with other Christians. I never realized just how important fellowship with my brothers and sisters in Christ can be. I know I'm never alone, because God is with me, but the Bible says we are to fellowship with other believers, and worship God together. The Journey is a part of who I am, and since I am unable to attend other Journey gatherings, Fuel is where I get that fellowship. I will truly miss Fuel tonight, and I'm looking forward to going back next week.

1 comment:

The U-Man said...

I hope you and Rex have a wonderfully restful time enjoying each other's company. We missed you!