Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hope the camping trip went well.

I don't know who all went, and I haven't heard back from everyone, but from the ones I did talk to, I heard that it was a wonderful experience. I'm sorry that Rex and I missed it, but we had several very good reasons:

1) We were helping our friends Matt and Bridget move into their new apartment. We had to move everything from Ontario to San Bernardino. I helped on Friday, and Rex helped out both Friday and Saturday. We rested on Sunday. :-)

2) Rex doesn't like camping. He does not enjoy sleeping in a tent, in a sleeping bag, and not being able to shower, or use a normal toilet. (I heard about the "No Facilities" at the camp. Was there at least an outhouse, or some kind of indoor toilet?)

3) Rex's mom needed us, to take her to run some errands. It's only fair, since she's been loaning us her car for the last several months, until she has her last (hopefully) eye surgery, and her eye heals well enough for her to drive.

4) Last but not least, for those of you who don't know: Rex and I are having a baby! We are expecting our little bundle of joy on January 22, 2009! Of course, since it's my first pregnancy, there's even less guarantees on the due date, then there would normally be. We are so happy, and we're glad to share this experience with everyone in The Journey, and as of next year, we will have a new addition to the Journey family: Baby "Peanut" Arnold! (It's only a nickname, we are not actually going to name our baby "Peanut"!)

Hope everyone is well, and I will see some of you on Friday, at Fuel. We missed everyone last Friday, so we're glad Fuel is back at church! :-)

No comments: