Friday, March 14, 2008

It's been too long!

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've blogged! I've been busy looking for a job, and Rex and I are trying to find an apartment, since our current lease is up next month. So, I've been turning in my resume to everyone I can find, and trying to pack up our apartment all at the same time! So much has happened since I blogged last! Okay, let's see if I remember everything in order.......

I started a new class, which I mentioned in a previous blog: Comparative Religions.

Rex and I joined a new bible study. It's on Thursday nights at Ed and Nancy Boyd's house in Grand Terrace. The nice thing about it, is the fact that we already knew 80% of the people who attend! Some of them are even part of The Journey: Evan and Adda Dahlke (College-Age Leaders), Kat Newhouse (College-Age Group and Fuel attendee), and Kat's boyfriend, Chris Nunez (Fuel Childcare Leader). We enjoyed reading and fellowshipping with everyone who was there.

I discovered that one of the young ladies that used to work with me at The Avenue passed away. We're not exactly sure what happened, but I attended her funeral on Wednesday. Please pray for peace and comfort for her family.

Rex and I applied for an apartment in Colton, and we got denied for the credit check because our income was too low. Please pray that we find the home that God has waiting for us, because we need to be out of this apartment by April 7th.

Rex will soon have a running car! A friend of ours had a 1998 Ford ZX2, that was just sitting in her apartment complex. She needed to have it removed, or her landlord was going to tow it. She told us there were some transmission issues, but we were welcome to it, since she wanted the car to have a loving home, and not be junked. We picked it up Tuesday night, he drove it home, and now we just have to wait to get the pink slip from her on Saturday, so Rex can start getting everything taken care of, and changed over into his name. Praise God that this car was provided for us.......we didn't have to pay for anything, except a new battery and possibly some transmission work! Amen!

I received a call from a marketing company, and I have an interview set up for Monday afternoon! Please pray that everything goes well.

My mother-in-law had yet another surgery on her eye this morning, and she called this afternoon to say that her doctor said everything went well. He's confident that this time, everything should heal normally. Praise God that my mother-in-law has such promising news! Thank you Lord for making everything go as planned!

Rex and I are attending the "I Love You More" workshop at our church, to help us continue to make our marriage stronger, and become more centered around God. I will let everyone know how it went!

We have Fuel as usual tonight, at 7pm. come join us early for dinner at 6pm! Childcare is provided. Pastor Shawn will be continuing this month's series, "What if there is no God?" Join us to see what God will reveal to us, through Shawn's message.

Sunday is Palm Sunday, and I will be setting up an information table at my church, about The Journey. If you have any questions, come by the table, and see me or one of the other volunteers! (We will be announcing the Good Friday Service- for more information about that, go to The Journey's website at www.towardtruth.com).

and just in case I don't make it back on here over the weekend:

Monday night is The Journey's St. Patrick's Day party! Anyone who wishes, come join us at 6pm. It will be in Rialto, at Ellie and C.J. Clark's house. For anybody who doesn't know how to get there, I believe there are directions or a contact number on The Journey's website, as well. If you come by, Don't forget to wear green!

No comments: